URGENT MESSAGE FOR CHOIR MEMBERS AND POTENTIAL NEW JOINERS
We have learned that we will be unable to rehearse in our normal space at Conyers School for the next three weeks (September 13th, 20th, 27th).
Arrangements have been made for us to rehearse at Egglescliffe School for those three dates. The address is:
Urlay Nook Road
The rehearsal on 13th September will be in the Drama Room at Egglescliffe School, at the usual time of 7:15pm.
There is a large car park, accessed from Seymour Drive on the Yarm side of the school site. There will be other groups using the car park. If it is full, you can park (with consideration to residents) in nearby streets, or across the road in the Tesco car park. There is no reference on the notices there to any time limit. You should follow the school signs to Reception, where members of the Lettings Team will escort you to the Drama Room.
On 20th and 27th September, we are also at Egglescliffe School, but in the Main Hall.
If you are aware of any potential new members who may be planning to come to any of these rehearsals, please let them know of the change in rehearsal venue.
Joining the Cleveland Philharmonic Choir
Cleveland Philharmonic Choir welcomes new members. In September 2021 we started to rehearse together again, after a gap of eighteen months. We took advice from relevant bodies, including Making Music, and consulted widely, to ensure that we put in place appropriate COVID procedures. The measures we have been using through to the end of Summer term 2022 include the following, but these will be reviewed prior to the start of the Autumn term on September 6th 2022:
SEE UPDATES BELOW FOR START OF AUTUMN 2022 TERM
But note that attendees are expected to stay away from rehearsal if they have reason to believe that they may be infectious with Covid.
- Requirement for our members to carry out Covid19 test prior to each rehearsal. NO LONGER REQUIRED
- Recommended use of face coverings while moving to designated seating positions and (optionally) while singing. NO LONGER REQUIRED
- Good ventilation in the rehearsal space with doors open during rehearsals. WILL CONTINUE
- Continuous CO2 monitoring during rehearsals to confirm that we are maintaining good ventilation. NO LONGER REQUIRED
- Additionally, we are hoping to record our rehearsals, so that members can watch later from home. This is helpful for those who do not yet feel ready to come to live rehearsals, or who feel unwell on the day of a rehearsal. NO IMMEDIATE PLANS TO CONTINUE THIS
You can see a map of the area on the Members' Page, here.
We hold rehearsals on Tuesday evenings, from 7:15 to 9:00 at this venue. If you would like to sing with us, please send an email to our Membership Secretary at the email address given further below to register your interest. You will be able to join in rehearsals on a "Taste and Try" basis, to see if singing in a large choir is for you!
Come about 10 minutes early the first time so that we can arrange music (most can be hired at £1 per copy) and introduce you to the representative for the section in which you start singing and also some friendly neighbours! Once you have had time to settle in, we would expect you to have an informal voice test to make sure that you are singing in the most appropriate section of the choir. Only then will you become a full member of the choir and begin to pay a subscription.
For more information, contact our Membership Secretary by email at: