Joining the Cleveland Philharmonic Choir
Cleveland Philharmonic Choir welcomes new members. In September 2021 we started to rehearse together again, after a gap of eighteen months. We took advice from relevant bodies, including Making Music, and consulted widely, to ensure that we put in place appropriate COVID procedures. The measures we presently use include:
- Requirement for our members to carry out Covid19 test prior to each rehearsal.
- Recommended use of face coverings while moving to designated seating positions and (optionally) while singing.
- Good ventilation in the rehearsal space with doors open during rehearsals.
- Continuous CO2 monitoring during rehearsals to confirm that we are maintaining good ventilation.
- Additionally, we are hoping to record our rehearsals, so that members can watch later from home. This is helpful for those who do not yet feel ready to come to live rehearsals, or who feel unwell on the day of a rehearsal.
You can see a map of the area on the Members' Page, here.
We presently hold rehearsals on Tuesday evenings, from 7:30 to 9:15 at this venue. If you would like to sing with us, please send an email to our Membership Secretary at the email address given further below to register your interest. You will be able to join in rehearsals on a "Taste and Try" basis, to see if singing in a large choir is for you!
Before coming, ensure that you have completed a negative COVID-19 test (Lateral Flow or PCR) no more than 48 hours prior to the rehearsal. Come about 10 minutes early the first time so that we can arrange music (most can be hired at £1 per copy) and introduce you to the representative for the section in which you start singing and also some friendly neighbours! Once you have had time to settle in, we would expect you to have an informal voice test to make sure that you are singing in the most appropriate section of the choir. Only then will you become a full member of the choir and begin to pay a subscription.
For more information, contact our Membership Secretary by email at: